Important: To the left of the screen towards the bottom there is a new "follow by email" option, this will give you our updates via email.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving/Longwood Gardens

So we had our first Thanksgiving without our extended family and I made my first Turkey, I will admit I was a little worried about making the turkey but it was actually easier than I thought it would be. I made pumpkin pie from scratch, turkey, sweet potato bake, giblet stuffing, corn on the cob & dinner rolls. Everything turned out really good and tasty! Brendan and Jared had fun playing the wii while everything was cooking and Hayley hung out with Mama in the kitchen playing music on the pots and pans. After we ate dinner we called over the babysitter and went out to hit black Friday at Walmart, we had never shopped black Friday before it and it was something else, Jared got in line for the Wii Kinect Bundle at 7:30 and managed to snag one when they opened at 10:00 pm, We also got a bunch of other deals and marked things off our Christmas list on Black Friday Weekend and saved money.. I think we will probably go again next year & try to do all of our Christmas Shopping then. The next night we went to Longwood Gardens in Philly to see the holiday lights, it was really really pretty, it's a botanical gardens so there were a lot of Christmas flowers and displays & holiday lights throughout the gardens. We found it to be kind of boring because there wasn't really the magic of Christmas, no Christmas scenes for the kids, just flowers, trees & lights... it was still pretty though. We plan on taking the kids to Santa's Wonderland when we go back to Texas for Christmas so they can see Cowboy Santa and see the lights there. Anyways, Thanksgiving was nice & relaxing.. I did get homesick and missed my Momma's turkey, but I guess she passed her genes along to me because I did alright. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! 


 








 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: