Important: To the left of the screen towards the bottom there is a new "follow by email" option, this will give you our updates via email.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

We have our foot in the door ...

Haven't been able to update in a few days since we haven't had internet connection, we just got Internet connection today so now we can provide you with an update. We ended up getting into our house Monday evening but the gas wasn't on so Casey & Jared unloaded everything in the Uhaul into the basement then we headed back to the hotel to stay the night. While we were at the house we had a bit of a mishap, Jared & Casey left to go get some food and right after they left I went outside (No jacket or anything) to get something out of the uhaul, when I turned around to go back inside and the door was locked and the kids were inside, I had no phone or anything.. so I go and climb the hill in the freaking cold to go up to the second floor and knock on the patio door to get Brendan to open it, the door was locked and Brendan was on the first floor.. I kept knocking but he didn't answer, so I go back down the hill to the front door and Brendan was sitting on a box in front of the front door and he had unlocked the door for me, thank goodness! LOL. I was about to freeze my tootsies off! Then, Jared took Casey to the airport early Tuesday morning then came back to the hotel and went back to sleep, woke up and we noticed that Brendan was breathing funny, him & Hayley both have had colds on our way up here and they got worse once we hit the cold air, so we ended up taking the kids to the emergency room. I was very impressed with the ER here, they were fast and very efficient, we waited maybe 10 mins while they processed paper work, then they got us into the triage room, then they admitted us and we immediately saw an MD who ordered breathing treatments and oxygen to help their oxygen levels, the nurses also suctioned them out real good and they ran some tests to rule out any serious illnesses & the diagnosis came back as Bronchitis. Almost had to keep Brendan over night, but after his third breathing treatment his oxygen levels started staying up so they discharged us with medicine and a breathing machine and we've been giving the kids their breathing treatments regularly and they are already doing so much better. Joe & Holly flew in Tuesday evening, they helped us move everything to where it belong and helped us unpack alot, Thank god for them because with two sick kids and a whole house to unpack it would've taken me days just to get my kitchen unpacked. I will post pictures of the house once I finish unpacking and decorating. We are really enjoying our new place, it's so much bigger and nicer than our old house. Jared started his job on Wednesday, he's been doing orientation so far but his job already has so many perks, it's crazy. They expense his lunch every day, he's getting a corner office with a window, all new furniture, a desk top computer, lap top, a phone, and a gas allowance. They also have a fully stocked break room with lots of drinks & snacks and whatever they want, if it's not there they tell the receptionist and she goes and gets it. CRAZY. Him & I both have to go and get physicals, we both get $150 each reward and a magazine subscription if we go & do that. How neat is that? Tomorrow is his company Christmas party, they throw a big fancy dinner for their employees and their families (kids included) and Jared & I will be having fillet Mignon & Brendan will be having a cheeseburger and smile fries. (They had a menu of choices for us to choose from .. fillet Mignon, prime rib, salmon, bruschetta chicken, pecan crab crusted chicken & then a kids menu).  Joe & Holly wanted to go out to eat at something local here, so we went to a family diner.. Joe had duck, Holly had spaghetti, I had fried chicken & Scooter had meatloaf.. crazy combo. It was pretty good though, the hot chocolate was to die for & the manager gave us a card for 2 free deserts if we ever go back there (How nice is that?). We really enjoyed Joe & Holly's visit and hope they can come back again soon. Thank you guys again for all of your help. Well I'm off to bed to get up tomorrow & unpack some more, I will post again soon and hopefully have some pictures to share!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like a bumpy start to your new adventure, but I'm glad things are looking up! It sounds like you are going to have a great time there. Living the high life! I can't wait to come and visit!