Important: To the left of the screen towards the bottom there is a new "follow by email" option, this will give you our updates via email.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Our weekend..

Hey there friends & family.. hope everyone is doing well. Saturday Brendan had his first swim lesson but in my hurry to get out the door (the lesson was at 9 am) I forgot to grab the camera! *SHOOT!* It's okay though I will take pictures next time. He was shy at first, but once they waded over to the deep end to do the exercises he got all excited and participated in the activities very well, he kicked and paddled and had a great time. I think next time he won't be as shy. After the swim lesson on Saturday we came back home and Scooter worked on the truck's brakes in the drive way .. which took about 3 trips to the parts store and 3 something hours LOL. He got a part.. got to work.. realized he needed another part... back to the parts store.. got back to work realized he needed a different part.. back to the parts store.. LOL. It is now ready to go with a new brake job. While he was working on the truck.. I was out back working on an igloo! It took FOREVER and I didn't get a chance to finish it because it got dark before I was done then the next day the snow started melting and wasn't the right consistency. Here are some pictures..





I'm sad that I couldn't finish it, maybe if the igloo/fort doesn't melt it may snow again and then I will be able to finish it.. if not I will try again and now I know what to do, so it should go faster. 

Sunday: We went to a church today and we think we have finally found the one we are looking for! There is lots of young families with kids like us, the Sunday school is phenomenal, the atmosphere is great and the sermon was very informative and I really enjoyed listening to the pastor. They have groups for adults that are really cool, moms groups, married w/ young children groups, sports groups, and much much more. Can't wait to go back next Sunday.


Scooter is off to Salt Lake City Mon-Thursday for some training, the kids and I will be busy with things around the house :) .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Okay, when you said you were building an igloo I thought you were a dork. But it looks COOL! Way to go! I'm impressed! I'm glad B liked his swim lessons...I need to sign Alyssa up in the summertime. And I'm really glad you found a church you really like. What an awesome way to meet people up there! I'm glad you guys are doing so well! And I really can't wait to see you in March!